Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Watercolors and stencils

Hi- Shelly waving hello to everyone!  I decided to get out the watercolors and give them a go with a stencil and embossing paste.

 I used the Peerless watercolors and the Geo Triangles stencil. First, secure the stencil (use painters tape or Washi...). I used the Dark Green color (which is the main background color) and applied that all over the background thru the stencil.  I removed the stencil and added splashes of Wisteria Violet and Japonice Scarlet and Dk Gray using a wet paintbrush and flicks of the paintbrush.
 I replaced the stencil and added white Embossing Paste here and there.
 The Embossing Paste added a little texture to the background.  Once dry, I watercolored over the areas of dry embossing paste again using Dark Green. I added a little more color over that with a Copic marker. Be patient and let the embossing paste dry- if you want a bubbly look- you can use the heat gun- but if you do not want a bubbly look- be patient : )
  The Billy Painting Happy Birthday image was stamped, colored with Copics and fussy cut- then added on Dimensionals to the card.

Products from the SweetStamps.com store:

3 comments:

Donna K said...

This is the cutest graffiti I've ever seen! Love this, Shelly!

Linnea S said...

always thought painter's drop cloths with paint drops looked so pretty and now you've put it onto a card! LUV IT!!!

Sandy Fredrick said...

This is so cool. I love the stenciled background with the splashes of color. Awesome birthday card!!