Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Shorebirds Swing Card

 Hello Stampers, I'm here to share with you a card for Challenge 184 - Masculine Birthday. Remember to go post you project so that you can be eligible to win some cool SweetStamps product!  I decided to keep things simple for my project because this is a masculine card. Guys just don't like lots of extras! I can say that the photos just don't do the card justice! It's better in real life with all of the vibrant colors!
I used shell buttons and tiny real shells to decorate two corners. The top right corner has a little jumping dolphin and adds a bit of whimsy. The art work was done by stamping Shorebirds 3011 onto glossy card stock and then I sponged on ink and used water based markers to complete the image.
Once the card is opened. You can see the sentiment and a place to write a personal message. I used the SweetStamps sentiment Special  Day 9114. Making fancy fold cards is fun! If you would like to give it a try, visit my blog for more information and a materials list.
Before I leave you today, I would like to say that I had great fun creating projects for you this month! I also wish to thank you for letting me share those with you! I hope you gained some inspiration and good ideas for your projects!
Paula

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just fabulous! Love the colors you sponged on the top of the glossy and the sand at the base. The shells add a great touch- beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining us as GDT this month!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Wow this is gorgeous!! Love the swing card design and the awesome bright colors of the sky and Shorebirds. Wonderful added elements too!! Thank you again for sharing your talents with us as this months guest designer.

Donna K said...

Paula, you just loaded us with inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us this month. Your masculine project is wonderfully done. I love how you've added the tiny shells and incorporated the swing style design in the mix...so talented!