Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Christmas Greenery by Guest Designer Emily

Good Morning Friends. Emily here again this beautiful Thursday.  I am a bit late posting this.  We are having VBS this week so I have been very busy.  This week, our challenge is Christmas Greenery.  There is nothing more beautiful than seeing all the fresh Christmas greens adorning the mantels, banisters and light poles.  I chose to use the Large Poinsettia to make my card.

I began by creating my own background by randomly stamping the poinsettia on a panel of white card stock and coloring the images with a Pine Green BIC Marker, a Red Sakura Glitter Pen and a Metallic Gold Gel Pen.  I then stamped the greeting and added another poinsettia swag.  I stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I matted both the sentiment and the background panel on Red Recollections card stock and used a Dark Green card base.  Before adhering the background to the card base, I wrapped a piece of sheer organza green ribbon around it.  The sentiment is adhered with pop dots.

I hope to see many beautiful Christmas Greenery cards this week here on Sweet Stamps.  Remember to stop in the store and check out all the goodies.  Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

simply monica said...

Gorgeous card love how you created the background with the stamp awesomeness

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the sentiment taking main stage- surrounded by the lovely greenery!

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Awesome card! Love the glittery poinsettias!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome card, I love how you used the poinsettia stamp as the background as well as the focal image.

Julie Odil said...

Great card! I love how you used that stamp so many ways.

rudlis said...

Stunning design and gorgeous card!